If you're one of the five people I imagine will visit this site at least once, I'm glad you're here! A couple of notes:
- Please bear with me re: any formatting issues. It's been at least four years since I've messed around with Blogger. I imagine that my theme and fonts will be less lame in the future. I just want to get things up and running asap or this will be one of those passing fancies I'm too busy for mid-February. If you see any obvious problems, let me know!
- I imagine that I will update at least once a week, probably more to start.
- Most of these poems were written during weekly meetings of the Schaumburg Poetry Group (hi, guys!) in response to prompts, so much of the content is purely fictional and not about YOU or HIM, per se.
- I don't care about meter and have never cared about it, even when it was my business as an English major to care about it.
- I have been writing creatively for about as long as I can write, yet SOMEHOW continue to languish in complete obscurity. I am proud to say that my work has been rejected by many of the best publications in America, and I look forward to collecting new rejections from poetry magazines and websites in the future.
- If you would like me to link to your creative endeavor, leave me a comment!
- Questions? Concerns? I can do almost nothing about the current American political situation. I will delete spam comments with joyful abandon. I will obsessively check for comments. I am already filled with self-doubt.
I really really like your work. Please keep posting.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much! I've been having a lot of fun writing these!ReplyDelete
I can’t even recall what click-path got me here, but here I am. I read several of your poems but didn’t read them all because who eats all their Easter candy at once? Your poems are very enjoyable, even the ones that are thematically a little dark. You have wonderful pacing and a nice sense of the internal sound of particular word sequences. I’m glad you’re enjoying the work; that’s a very good sign. Keep writing and posting! I’ll be back to read more of your poems later.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much! That's very kind! Sometimes I don't realize how dark I get, but I'm usually writing these after a long workday, so that tends to affect my mood. Or I get mad at the prompts we use in our poetry group, so I riff off of it in a weird way. :)ReplyDelete
Love you words, your mind, and you.ReplyDelete
Awww, thanks! <3ReplyDelete
First time reader. Long time fan.ReplyDelete